Employer: Cats Protection
Location: Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath RH17 7TT, UK
Salary: £80,000 per annum (salary subject to negotiation)
Live On Site Until: 21 February 2019 11:59PM
Applications Close: 21 February 2019
Start Date: Flexible
Job DetailsDirector of Communications
Permanent, full time - 35 hours per week
£80,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
(salary subject to negotiation)
This is an exciting opportunity for an impressive and inspiring professional to join our senior team. Cats Protection is a wonderful, large and understated charity, with an inspiring cause, friendly culture and positive reputation. This post provides an opportunity to join a new and impressive team of Directors, with a great opportunity to drive our corporate strategic development, brand development and digital transformation.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 193,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 adoption centres and homing centres.
1. Lead and integrate the communications and brand marketing function across the organisation, ensuring that the area adds maximal value
2. Drive strategic progress at the highest level
3. Facilitate and influence the development of people and relationships within Cats Protection and beyond
4. Live Cats Protection’s leadership values, as part of the executive management team
5. Take a major role in the leadership of the charity
6. Develop the CP strategy, and deliver the goals set out in the charity plan
7. Monitor the directorate’s annual budget and performance, ensuring that all activities are delivered on time and within budget
8. Devising, implementing and monitoring charity planning with relevant KPIs designed to achieve continuous improvement and taking appropriate corrective action if required
9. Continuously seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation
10. Collaborating with others to eradicate duplication and ensure resources are redistributed, where required, to achieve the organisation’s goals.
- Substantial senior management experience which has included evaluating and improving organisational performance, and planning, implementing and managing at a high level
- Significant experience of developing and implementing successful communication strategies in line with an organisation’s strategic aims
- Impressive track record in at least one area of communications
- Significant experience of strategic planning, including setting, managing and monitoring multiple budgets
- Interest in and empathy for animals, particularly cats
To reward you, we offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Closing Date: 20 February 2019
Telephone interview date: TBC
Assessment Centre: 12 March 2019
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for the role of Director of Communications, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Director of Communications, Head of Communications, Marketing Director, Head of Marketing, Head of Marketing & Communications, Senior Marketing Manager, Senior Brand Manager, Senior Communications Manager, Marketing.
Powered by: Webrecruit