Employer: Cats Protection
Location: England, UK
Salary: £35,809.88 per annum (subject to experience)
Live On Site Until: 02 March 2019 11:59PM
Applications Close: 02 March 2019
Start Date: Flexible
Job DetailsArea Branch Development Manager - Homebased covering Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire region
Permanent - Full time, 35 hours per week
£35,809.88 per annum plus excellent benefits (starting salary is subject to experience) including homeworking allowance and car scheme
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 193,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 adoption centres and homing centres.
As the Area Branch Development Manager you will be accountable for the development, growth and local governance of branches within Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. You will be providing a solution driven approach with the aim of helping more cats through the effective engagement of local volunteers.
- Develop and deliver an area plan that captures the importance of volunteer engagement, recruitment, support, enabling and succession planning to ultimately achieve branch growth and sustainability
- Ensure effective plans and objectives at individual branch level. Ensure they are aligned to the national strategy and its growth objectives with sustainability of the branch operation as a key priority with a particular focus on newly launched branches
- Liaise closely with cat welfare colleagues on adherence to CP policy, procedure and fostering to ensure a cohesive and planned approach
- Work collaboratively with other CP regional teams where appropriate, identifying where there are opportunities to achieve more by working together. Actively seek to provide ways of improving branch communications with the National Cat Centre
- Actively promote successful relationships between CP Branches and between Branches, Centres and CP shops with the aim of maximising the amount of cats that can be helped. Provide clear support and guidance to branches and volunteers in respect of problem solving and managing conflict
- Manage local area budgets and have a clear oversight of branch income and expenditure plans. Provide the guidance, support and oversight of key branch financial controls playing a key role in the governance of branch operations. Non- compliance to be addressed and escalated as necessary
- Ensure clear communication in regard to conflict resolution and support branch coordinators to provide the tools and resources to manage disagreements within the branch in liaison with the Volunteering Best Practice team
You will have proven management experience including drafting business and operational plans with experience of leading and managing volunteers. You will have strong interpersonal skills and are able to engage with multiple stakeholders across the charity. You will be able to keep calm under pressure with great credibility.
You will need to hold a valid full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel among the regions.
Closing Date: 01 March 2019
Interview Date: w/c 25/03/2019
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Powered by: Webrecruit