Employer: Cats Protection
Location: National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath RH17 7TT, UK
Salary: £22,973.43 per annum
Live On Site Until: 18 February 2019 11:59PM
Applications Close: 18 February 2019
Start Date: ASAP
Job DetailsFinance Assistant - Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath
Full time, permanent, 35 hours per week
£22,973.43 per annum, (starting salary is subject to experience)
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 193,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 adoption centres and homing centres.
As a Finance Assistant, you will provide processing and administrative support for the financial accounting activities of the charity, and to provide a high-quality service and be responsible for ledgers they control.
- To accurately enter, process and post purchase invoices, expenses forms and requests for payment, ensuring that all documents are appropriately approved before submitted for payment
- To undertake BAC and cheque payment runs, as set out in payment timetable, filing all invoices once paid
- To set-up new and maintain details of existing suppliers, adhering to the controls in place to ensure that changes are appropriately authorised
- To reconcile supplier statements to purchase ledger balances and to resolve discrepancies
- To handle and respond to queries from both managers and suppliers
- To raise recharge invoices to branches for centrally purchased goods, banking payments, allocating sales receipts and preparing statements
- To be responsible for the credit control of the sales ledger accounts, sending statements to branches, undertaking credit control activities on overdue accounts, chasing debts and ensuring customer accounts are settled within stated terms
- To set-up and maintain customer accounts and generate sales invoices
- To be responsible for raising intercompany recharge invoices between Enterprises and Cats Protection
- To undertake daily banking activities, banking Care income and completing income schedules
- To undertake bank transfers between CP branch and main CP bank account; including the administration of branch Holding Fund requests, meeting the payment transfer timetable, writing to branches advising that transfers have been made and making corresponding entries in the finance system
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available for transfer, checking balances before any transaction and acting on any overdrawn current accounts
- To undertake month end reconciliation of HIBA current account, ensuring all entries are valid and investigating and resolving discrepancies; where necessary to follow up with the bank
- To ensure balances are correct and to investigate and resolved discrepancies
- Administer the opening, closing and amending of bank accounts operated by CP branches, liaising with the bank with regard to setting up and amending these accounts
- Process mandate change requests, check signatures, send to bank and file copy on day of process in the branch files
- Order bank stationery as requested and forward cheque books/paying in books to branches/ACs as required
- Use Excel to analyse data as necessary
- Understand the complexities of CP structure and the specific sensitivities of working with Branches and volunteers
- To handle and distribute post
- To undertake ad hoc tasks and provide administrative support to the department
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Closing Date: 17 February 2019
Interview Date: 25 February 2019
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Powered by: Webrecruit